In case you need immediate help: If ever you are in a crisis, feeling hopeless, suicidal, or simply in need of speaking with someone, there are numerous free and anonymous hotlines with trained operators available.
Georgia Crisis Support
- Georgia Crisis and Access Line (GCAL): 1-800-715-4225
Suicide Prevention / Depression Support
- US: Hopeline (Suicide Prevention): 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- US: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-Talk (1-800-8255)
Substance Abuse / Alcoholism
- US: National Drug Information Treatment and Referral Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- US: Alcohol Abuse and Crisis Intervention: 1-800-234-0246
- US: National Cocaine Hotline: 1-800-COCAINE (262-2463)
- US: Al-Anon/Alateen Hotline (for friends and family) 1-800-344-2666
Rape, Abuse & Domestic Violence
- US: Childhelp (Child Abuse): 1-800-4ACHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- US: Nat’l. Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- US: RAINN Nat’l. Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- US: Nat’l. Center on Elder Abuse: 1-800-677-1116
- US: National Runaway Switchboard: 1-800-621-4000
Gay / Lesbian Issues
- US: GLBT National Help Center 1-888-843-4564
Pregnancy / Sexual Health
- US: Planned Parenthood: 1-800-230-PLAN (7526)
- US: Nat’l. STD Hotline: 1-800-227-8922
- US: National AIDS Hotline: 1-800-342-AIDS (2437)
- US: The Teen AIDS Hotline: 1-800-440-TEEN (8336)
- US: Nat’l. Poison Help: 1-800-222-1222
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES / ORGANIZATIONS
- ULifeline – A directory of resources available for college students— take a self-assessment test; or find your college psych services center.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – Alcoholics Anonymous is an informal meeting society for recovering alcoholics whose primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – Narcotics Anonymous similar to AA, is an international, community-based association of recovering addicts.
- Self-Mutilators Anonymous – A community-based association for individuals struggling with self-mutilation.
- National Institute of Mental Health – Extensive information on a variety of mental health topics.
- National Institute of Health – Extensive information on all health related topics.
- MedlinePlus – Extensive information of different drugs and treatment options.
If you think you have a medical emergency please call your doctor or 911 immediately.